The Bridges Music Program is a program of MAESTRO Ensembles, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing the gift of music education to children in Baltimore.
OUR MISSION AND GOALS
THE MISSION of the BRIDGES program is to reach a large, currently underserved population of students in Baltimore City, giving those children equal access to high-quality string education experiences without respect to financial circumstances.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM:
- To give students a valuable tool to expand opportunities for creativity and self-expression, cooperative learning, academic success, and self-esteem.
- To identify talented students at an early age and to support their musical training, offering them quality instruction, instruments, and a full range of orchestral experiences. The orchestras of the GBYOA and other Baltimore music institutions will benefit from the diversity of these students if they continue with the program past the initial Bridges instruction years.
- To serve as an impetus to start or expand opportunities to study music, particularly stringed instruments, within the Baltimore City Public Schools system.
- To stimulate the development of specific training for music teachers for inner-city populations, to ensure the long-term success of the program.
- To create a program in partnership with other City institutions that addresses the mission without either duplication of efforts or competition. *
- To be a model for extra-curricular music education in other cities.
* The cooperation of organizations can bring in larger community participation which will ensure the longevity and enhance the integrity of all programs as well as broaden the base of potential funding resources.